And now for the finale, Paris, France. Paris was the perfect 4-day conclusion to our 3-week excursion in Europe and we definitely saved the best for last. If you haven’t made your way to Paris yet, it is a place out of a fairytale and somewhere I will return to over and over again.
Again in Paris, we stayed in an Airbnb for the first two nights there (I can’t locate the link) but, there are so many good places to stay. We stayed near the river, right across from the Eiffel Tower. For the final two days in Paris, we stayed at Prince de Galles Hotel, which was a Parisian dream. The vibe is very art-deco but also has a historic feel as it has been open since 1929. The hotel was close to all the best shopping in Paris and had great restaurants.
• Le Botaniste – this bar has such a unique story, being the old residence of Prince Roland Bonaparte and has a rich, Parisian look on the inside. The drink menu is full of rare botanical spirits which made for specialty cocktails unlike anything I have tried before.
• Bambini – this restaurant was only a 5-minute walk from Le Botaniste and was such a fun atmosphere. The restaurant was full of bright colors and had a very theatrical feel. You must get the Truffle Linguini, I will fantasize about this pasta for years to come.
• Ferona – we had drinks here on our 2nd night in Paris. We really enjoyed the classy, Parisian atmosphere. Delicious drinks.
• Cafe de Flore – we stopped into this cafe for dessert and espresso after our drinks at Ferona. Really enjoyed this spot.
• L’Avenue – this was a brunch spot that came highly recommended to us before the trip. Make sure to book a reservation as it fills up weeks in advance.
• Akira Back – located with Prince de Galles Hotel. This was another Michelin-star restaurant we were lucky enough to try and it did not disappoint. The convenience of it being within our hotel was nice too.
• Shopping at Rue Saint Honore – hands down the best shopping street I’ve been to. Hot tip, if you are wanting a designer handbag that originates in Europe, you can buy them cheaper and tax-free while in Europe (just make sure you take your receipt to the airport to get the tax back)
• Evening Light Show at the Eiffel Tower – the Eiffel Tower is so beautiful during the day but, have you been at night? I think that seeing the light show that the Eiffel Tower puts on a night is such a magical expereince. We brought a bottle of Veuve Cliquot to pop and watch the 10:00 p.m. light show on the lawn.
We had so many recommendations for going to Paris and unfortunately couldn’t go to them all. I wanted to share the list with you and also, make sure I have one for the next time we visit.
• Stohrer – oldest bakery in Paris
• Girafe Paris – make reservations for outside seating
• Ralph’s – Ralph Lauren restaurant
• Pink Mamma – famous truffle pasta & pizza
*this post contains affiliate links*